Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: DIY: Car First Aid Kit

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

6/12/13

DIY: Car First Aid Kit

Yikes! Yesterday was the last day of school, which means the Summer Travel Season is about to begin! I have family visiting this summer and we're all planning a little road trip. With 4 adults and 2 small children, one of us is bound to need a Band-Aid at some point, so I thought it might be a good time to put together a First Aid Kit for the car. Sure I could buy a pre-made kit, but they're so expensive and they don't have everything that I want to have available when I need it.


I already had a LOT of the items on hand {from my years of being a home health aide} and the rest I picked up at the dollar store and Walmart. The biggest challenge was finding some sort of carrier that could keep everything organized in the car.

I love how much storage room this little tackle bag has! The front pocket has four compartment boxes that hold bandages, gauze pads, cloth tape, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment, hydrocortisone ointment, an oral thermometer, tweezers and scissors. I even had enough room to include personal hygiene products in case my husband gets stuck in the snow again! The four side pockets hold our space blanket, breathing barrier, cold compress, hand warmers and non-latex gloves. While the large top storage compartment is perfect for keeping small bottles of rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, calamine lotion, witch hazel, and sunblock. Now all of my first aid supplies are stored in one compact bag and everything is organized and easily accessible in an emergency!

{download here}


Before you hit the road this summer, why not print this checklist and make your very own first aid kit for your car!

Photobucket
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I found mine @ Bi-Mart, but they also sell them on Cabelas.com and I think Walmart.com has a few Flambeau bags as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article and very informative. This looks like a real heavy duty first aid kit with a lot of important items. I all the adhesive bandages is a great idea since you never know when someone would need that. I have a pretty good size first aid kit with a lot of important items but I always make sure I have a Duoderm because they are great for wounds and apply pressure to sore areas. They are very heavy duty products and but really get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a first aid kit on your car is a really good idea, Bekah. When you’re on a road trip, especially with children tagging along, injuries and scratches are always bound to happen. Your list can be really useful. I think everyone who has a car should have first aid kits.

    Harvey Foster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent list, I need to do one of these so this is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information. I always keep a first aid kit in my car that I bought from WHSfirstaidkits it is pretty easy to carry and follows Australian health and safety regulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!