Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: DIY: Organizing Clothespin Tacks
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

7/8/12

DIY: Organizing Clothespin Tacks


Hi! I hope you are having a great weekend!
If you’ve browsed Etsy lately you’ve probably seen the multitude of adorable clothespins. They are covered in paper, fabric, paint and glitter too! All of that crafting cuteness inspired me to make my own clothespin tacks for my cork board. I love cute things that are also functional, so I thought this would be a perfect solution for sorting incoming mail. I love that these don’t put holes in all of my paperwork and I can swap bills out with ease. 


Here is what I did…

I started by taking apart the clothespins, roughing up all of the sides with sandpaper and painting all but the sections where the paper will be adhered.  


I printed out clothespin labels on scrapbook paper.  *Test print first!  You can download the template here.

I cut out the paper and glued it to the unpainted area.


Applied 2 coats of Mod Podge over the paper.


Put the clothespins carefully back together and attached the tacks to the back of them using super glue (E-6000 or other adhesives will also work)


This is a great visual way to organize bills and everyday lists!
Photobucket
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for breaking it down for us. The pictures make it seem doable.

    You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DuPaint are a leading painting company in Sydney, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It help me a lot, Thanks for sharing such a informative article.

    Painters Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a ton of useful information in this article. I loved the witty writing style. I also found some useful information here https://conservationconstructionofdallas.com/. Keep up the good work and I will check back later for other articles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!