Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: College Textbook Saving Tips
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

6/28/12

College Textbook Saving Tips


*This post is brought to you by Campus Book Rentals. All opinions are 100% mine.


After college tuition, textbooks are the next big drain on your wallet. It seems pretty outrageous to think that a book like Fifty Shades of Grey costs under $10 to download, but a hardcover textbook will set you back $200 or more.

I personally know how expensive textbooks can be; when I first started college I had a credit card for the sole purpose of buying books. I was charging $500 a semester and was barely able to pay the minimum credit card payments.

I would love to go back and finish my Associates Degree , but the cost continues to keep me from returning to the classroom.  So when Campus Book Rentals emailed me about doing a write up, I was curious to see for myself if renting is truly a cheaper way to go. So I picked a book (Campbell Biology - 9th Edition) and compared the prices and here are the results:

Hardcover from Amazon: $163.97
Kindle Edition: $104.07
Used Hardcover from Half.com: $99.95
Campus Book Rentals: $47.88-130 days / $43.57-85 days

Apart from the obvious savings, FREE shipping and a 30 day guarantee, I love that you can highlight! I am a highlighting machine; it’s the only way to insure that I’ll retain all of the information. Note: If you do decide to rent your next textbook make sure that all supplementary materials like CDs and workbooks are included!

Comparison shop between all of the different methods to insure that you are spending the least amount possible on textbooks!

Do you have any additional tips on saving money on college textbooks?

Photobucket


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Can't remember where I saw it, but they actually have disappearing highlighters now. I think they're supposed to last 3-6 months, and then it slowly fades so you can resell your textbooks easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bekah! Nice to meet you here! I like your story and completely understand what you are talking about. I have already finished my studies and I know how books are expensive today. But, as for me, I prefer to have all books personally not to rent them. And you know what I have found a solution to this issue. Going accidently on 24/7 cash loans, I have taken it without any doubt. It was a minimum amount of money but it helped me to buy textbooks. Now I can reread something which interests me. Hope to read more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete

  3. We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to withdraw money in any ATM machine, this ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, stores and outlets. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the cards has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 in ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores. and also if you are in need of any other cyber hacking services, Wire Bank Transfer all over the world. we are here for you at any time any day.The price include shipping fees,order now: via email...quicktellercard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. GET A BLANK ATM OR CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
    We sell this cards to all interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,000 and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores and POS. and also if you are in need of any other cyber hacking services, Wire Bank Transfer all over the world. we are here for you at any time any day.The price include shipping fees,order now: via
    contact email... quicktellercard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an amazing article. Realy helpful. Allow me to introduce myself. Myself Bilal. I'm a Digital Marketing Consultant in Lahore Let me know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!