Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: DIY – Spray Painted Owl
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

5/9/12

DIY – Spray Painted Owl

A few weeks ago while browsing through Goodwill; I spotted this little hooty owl staring back at me from a shelf. For $3.99 he had to come home with me. I thought this would be a simple makeover. Boy, was I wrong! My lack of spray-painting skills has never been more obvious. The paint kept bubbling and a small section peeled completely off! Realizing that I should have primed the surface first, I sanded all of the peeled areas with fine sandpaper and touched it up with a few more coats. Avoid my paint mess by starting with one coat of primer and then two coats of gloss spray-paint. Sand down imperfections with 400 grit sandpaper in-between coats, once dry. Whew! I’m glad that project is over! Despite the painting mishap, I love the little guy. He looks so darn cute now that he’s all white.  



Photobucket
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty owl! Love the painting!
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the useful article. Learned and continued from the suggestions from the article very well
    slotxoauto

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!