Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: DIY Car Tissue-Pack Holder
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

4/25/12

DIY Car Tissue-Pack Holder

Ahh Spring is in the air.. Ahh choo! I am one of those lucky people who suffer from allergies; so keeping a tissue nearby is essential, but it seems like there is never a tissue in the car when I need it. Since my husband is on vacation this week and we're taking a short road trip, I thought this would be a great time to ditch the bulky Kleenex box and try my hand at making a tiny car tissue holder.  


Materials
  • Scrap fabric
  • 3x5" tissue packet
  • Velcro

First I measured my car visor, to determine the length of the straps. Mine was 14" around, so my straps are 4" x 7" (14" - 6" = 8" / 2= 4" + 3" extra = 7")

I cut three 4" x 6" rectangles along with  four  4" x 7" rectangles for the straps

With right sides together, pin two strap pieces together and sew edges using a 1/2" seam, leaving one end open. Repeat with the remaining strap pieces and turn straps right side out. 


With wrong side of fabric up fold over 1 1/2" on the long edge and press. Do this to only two of the three 4" x 6" rectangles. 

Take the third rectangle and lay it down, right side up. Pin both open ends of the straps to the center of the rectangle. If your straps are longer than 6", pin under. 


With right sides facedown, place the first two rectangles on top and overlap the folded edges 1/2" and pin.


Secure everything with pins and sew together using a 1/4" seam. Make sure not to sew the long edges of the straps, otherwise you'll have a pocket :)


Turn right side out, add Velcro to the strap ends, insert tissue packet through opening and secure around visor. VoilĂ  a cute tissue-pack holder for the car!


Photobucket
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've never found a good place to put tissues in the car, but thismight work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I have one on the driver's- and passenger's-side visor, so tissues are always within reach. I love that they take up hardly any space!

      Delete
  2. This is great! Thanks for linking it up to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool!! We are getting ready for a road trip here at the end of the month so I better get on making one. Thanks for the tip! Following you now too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a fun trip and thank you so much for following :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for car brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    cash for scrap cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  6. replica bags pakistan click resources k4n28q2p93 replica bags ru replica bags pakistan click resources k4n28q2p93 replica bags ru replica bags in bangkok replica gucci handbags m8p34f3e30 replica bags paypal accepted

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!