Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: Upcycled Cookie Tin K-Cup Holder
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

4/14/12

Upcycled Cookie Tin K-Cup Holder

Almost immediately after purchasing my Keurig brewing system I knew I had a storage mess on my hands. Between the 12-pack of K-cups that came with my brewer and the 48-packs that my husband enthusiastically bought, I had no counter space left! I looked into purchasing a K-cup carousel, but they don’t hold more than 35 at a time. So I made my own K-cup holder out of cookie tins, which can hold over 70 K-cups! I added chalkboard labels to help me organize my coffee by flavor and strength. Yay! No more ugly boxes stacked on my counter!







Supplies: 
Cookie tins in assorted sizes
Threaded metal rod, size depends on your cookie tins  
Wooden craft shape for the base
4-6 wooden craft rounds/balls for the feet
2 nuts and 1 washer for each cookie tin 
Drill bit slightly smaller than the metal rod
Wood glue or glue gun
Contact paper
Spray paint

How To: 
1) Measure to find the center of each cookie tin and drill a hole. Do the same with the wood base. You may need to sand down any rough areas. Make sure to wear gloves and be careful not to get metal splinters! 
2) Spray paint the tins, metal rod, wooden base and feet.
3) Once everything is dry, attach contact paper to the inside of each cookie tin. This will ensure that the tins are food safe.
4) Glue the round feet to the bottom of the base. Then place the wooden base on the end of the metal rod and fasten with a washer and nut. Next place the bottom cookie tin flush against the top of the wooden base and attach with a nut. Start placing the rest of the cookie tins onto the rod. Secure each tin with a nut on top and a washer and nut underneath. 

Total time: around 4 hours
Total cost: $12

Photobucket
Pin It!

31 comments:

  1. Omigosh, this is genius.
    Do the washers ensure that the tins don't spin down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The washers help keep the tins in place, but you could always add some epoxy to guarantee that the tins won’t move.

      Delete
  2. This is really cute! I have a ton of friends with Keurigs so this would be a neat gift idea for them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannah! It would make an awesome housewarming gift as well :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Bekah!
    Here visiting from Tip Junkie!
    This is cute.
    Good Job!
    amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and clever idea. I'm looking for the best K-cup solution right now and I pinned this to my Pinterest board. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brillinat idea -looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I'm thinking this would be great in the craft room too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I'll be back to link up next week.

      Delete
  7. Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite, I’m all linked up!

      Delete
  8. So smart!! I don't own a Keurig but this was would be great for other storage projects too. Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark. I'll be featuring this on my Facebook page. Happy Sunday!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn! Thank you so much for the feature!!

      Delete
  9. Great idea! Thanks for linking to the party. I'll be featuring this in my features post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne!! I am thrilled to be featured!

      Delete
  10. What a great idea!!!! I love it, it's practical and looks nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredibly clever idea! I don't have one of those coffee makers, but do have a friend with one, so I might have to try to make a holder for her; she has a birthday coming up soon. I doubt mine will turn out as good as yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great friend you are Michele. She'll love it :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Bekah

    Thank you so much for this idea - I have just finished making one for my Mum for her birthday. Instead of spray painting it though I deco paged. I have pinned it here.

    http://pinterest.com/mrslasta/upcycling-and-reinventions/

    This was such a fun project to do! Very proud of the result!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome job Laura!! I love how it turned out.

      Delete
  13. So I made my own K-cup holder out of cookie tins, which can hold ... kcupsholder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice. thanks for sharing. it's helpful for me ...
    Great collections of K-CUP HOLDERS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written will be referring a lot of friends about this.

    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information..


    K-CUP HOLDERS

    ReplyDelete
  16. replica bags hong kong fake hermes o3k44r8h98 replica bags nyc replica bags from turkey wikipedia reference g9o05l7f90 replica bags cheap replica bags philippines this v0v70z5b20 replica bags sydney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!