Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: DIY Cake Stand
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

2/10/12

DIY Cake Stand

I've wanted a white "porcelain" cake stand for some time now, but I really didn't want to pay $50 dollars for it. So I turned thrift store finds into a one-of-a-kind cake stand for under $5. 



If you want to try this yourself you'll need a few supplies:
Spray paint (I used white gloss)
Frosted-glass spray paint *optional if you want it textured
Epoxy
A base: glass, vase, or candle holder
Plate


1) Wash and dry thrift store finds.
2) Coat base with frosted-glass spray paint and let dry.
3) Spray the base with a few light coats of spray paint, letting dry between coats.
4) Once the base is dry, epoxy it to the bottom of the plate and let cure according to package directions. 
5) Pile on the treats and show off your new cake stand!
*Leave the plate as is or paint only the bottom to keep it food safe.


Photobucket
Pin It!

30 comments:

  1. Blog Hopping--I've followed you via Linky Followers. Would love if you followed me back.

    Thanks,
    Jeneen @ Suzie HomeCaker
    suziehc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what a little spray paint can do! Following you via Linky Follower from the BLOG HOP...would love to have you follow me back! I would also love for you to share you ideas on my Wednesday " Homemade By You" Link Party! Look for my Button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Fantastic!!

    Found you on www.itssoverycheri.com's Linky Followers Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, I'd love for you to follow back!

    Thanks so much and Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Aledia @ http://plumperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks great!! I know i paid a lot more than $5 for my cake stand!!
    I hope goggle keeps GFC too....but just in case I have slinky follow too.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you via the Linky Followers Blog Hop 2! Following you via Linky. Come visit my blog, when you have a moment to spare! Tera - http://www.eccentricleopard.com/ - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing. came out really good.

    invitation: link up projects like this here:
    http://www.finecraftguild.com/party
    as readers would love to find creative ideas/tutorials like this!

    see you around in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So smart! I've seen this done with a candle holder as the base, but this is very creative (and cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing :) I am a new follower and would love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow me too!
    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to make something like this. I never have anything to put my cakes on except regular old plates. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! I’m so happy that I upgraded from the plain plate to a cake stand, it has made frosting a lot easier. Thank you for hosting every week :)

      Delete
  10. The sundae cup makes a PERFECT base. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just became your newest linky follower. Would love it if you'd check out my site to see if you'd like to follow back.

    -Alisha @ SnugasaBugBaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisha, I’m happily following you back :)

      Delete
  12. How clever, you have great ideas!

    A new follower,

    Tamika @ www.notimeforetea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamika! Thank you so much! I’m following you as well

      Delete
  13. looks fantastic

    thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you there again tomorrow

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!