Who says wire hangers are tacky? I used a free hanger from the dry cleaners and dollar store ornaments to make this simple and dazzling holiday wreath. I want to try making another one in the future using only vintage ornaments.
- one wire hanger
- glue gun
- 65-80 round ornaments (small sizes are helpful when filling gaps)
- Take your hanger and bend it into the form of a circle.
- Grab your glue gun and secure the metal/plastic cap to the ornament with a little dab of hot glue. That way the ornaments won't fall off as you string them onto the hanger, I learned this the hard way.
- String the ornaments onto the hanger and have fun playing around with the different colors. If you don't like the configuration it's easy to fix.
- Once you have everything how you want it, simply re-twist the end of the hanger to close. I camouflaged the hook end of the hanger by wrapping it in the same color as the ribbon and bow.
I found this site after starting my wreath, you may find it helpful.