Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: Salmonberry Jam
Image Map

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

11/10/11

Salmonberry Jam


Everyone seems to love this old post about Salmonberry jam, so I thought I would place it here on the new blog for anyone who is interested in the recipe. I used to love Salmonberries as a child, but now I think it’s more of an acquired taste. It’s not the type of jam I would recommend eating on toast, but it is fairly good on a PB&J sandwich.



Simple Salmonberry Jam
Wash and look over Salmonberries
Measure berries and combine with sugar equal to 2/3 of that amount
Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves
Increase to high heat; while continuously stirring, bring mixture to a rolling boil and continue to cook on high until it thickens and the berries become clear
When the jam sheets off a spoon it’s ready
Pour into hot, sterilized jars and place lids and bands on and then place in a boiling water bath for 10 min. 

Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i am happy to express that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot for sure will make sure to do not fail to remember this site and provides it a look a relentless basis.
    If you want to learn more about 10 Best Food Processors Reviews, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing article. Realy helpful. Allow me to introduce myself. Myself Bilal. I'm a Digital Marketing Consultant in Lahore Let me know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!