Find us on Google+ Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot: Organizing: Home Filing System

**Attention Readers: As of 1/24/14 all printables are first come first serve. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had to end my Box membership, so they will only allow a set number of downloads per month. Once I’m moved and have settled in to my new home, I should be able to once again afford the monthly fees. In the mean time please come back at the first of the month and try downloading. Thank you for your patience.

1/9/12

Organizing: Home Filing System

I hope you all had a great weekend; I spent mine organizing and filing a mountain of paperwork. Between junk mail, coupons, store adds and my husband's massive amount of work papers; my apartment was rapidly becoming one giant stack of papers! In the past I've tried filing everything away; but without really understanding what I should keep and where to file it, I ended up with a bigger mess. I knew there had to be a better way, so I started looking around for a file system that would work for me. I found several, but no single one had everything that I needed. So I decided to combine my favorite parts from each system and make my own. This file system is simple and focuses on colors and symbols rather than endless tabs. I'm a very visual person, so this file system works great for me! The best part no more plastic file folder tabs to deal with!


* This file label template is for Avery 48366 label sheets. If the symbols don't show up, you may not have the font on your computer. 


Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. This is amazing, thank you. Found you through the "Mommy by Day" Ta-Da Tuesday. By including a word document for the labels I can easily adapt them for use in the UK (where things are a little different) instead of having to reinvent the wheel working from a PDF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad that you like the labels; I wanted to create a system that could be tailored to fit everyone’s filing needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFS!! Stopping by from TCB's linky party and your newest follower here, FB, Pinterest and You Tube.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-amp-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your system and just wish I had found it before I re-organised our home office last week!! I will 'file' it away for later though, my desk at school could definitely do with some sorting too:) Thank you for sharing. God bless x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps you later on at home and at school. Happy organizing Karen!

      Delete
  5. love your blog!! newest follower!

    would love it if you could share this on my link party
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha for following. I’m now linking up to your party. Thanks for hosting such a great linky party!

      Delete
  6. Color coding is a fantastic way to keep things orderly for the highly visual. Nice addition with the clip art as well! You also presented your solution SO great on the printable download! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! I’m very visual so I use color coding anywhere I can; it has helped me to stay more organized.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you there again tomorrow
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/2012/01/serenity-saturday-22.html

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing - thanks for sharing. Saw you on Whipperberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting

      Delete
  9. this is soooo great. thank you. Just found you for the first time. So glad I visited. I"m your newest follower.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is great...thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! Pinned it!
    http://leahinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for simplifying this. i have been struggling to keep all the paperwork around my home in my control. it has been a losing battle so far. i'll definitely give your filing system a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have pics of what your actual mail center and binder look like? I am trying to visualize it but need real pics. I just went through all of my crazy bills and stuff and organized it but now I need file folders and a binder. Thanks! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile all this! I totally want to use it, but I'm having difficulty downloading it. I'm wondering if it's just the box website that's having issues? Has anyone else verbalized any problems. Sorry to bother you, but I'd really love to use it! Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Just saw your add-on at the top. I'll try again next month. Hope you're getting settled! I just recently moved, too...hence the urge to get organized. =)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment! I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy reading every comment, however I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, mean or spammy. This is a fun happy blog, so let’s keep it drama free!
Don't see your comment? Blogger occasionally grabs comments that aren't truly spam, so it takes a little time for me to go through and approve them. Thanks again!